Endura continues to manufacture in the UK
Endura was founded as a manufacturing company and has always been directly involved with in-house manufacture of clothing at its own facility in Scotland. This ethos continues to this day and Endura actually manufactures more product in its own facility now than ever before with plans to further increase production in the coming year with a focus on cutting-edge cycling kit for custom clothing for cycle clubs and production of kit for the Endura sponsored Movistar Team and Cervélo Bigla Pro Cycling Team.
Endura’s production facility incorporates the latest technology in CAD design, digital sublimation printing, laser cutting, automatic ceramic blade cutting and seamless ultrasonic welding/cutting and we continue to invest in the latest production technologies, while most other brands source all product through vendors overseas.
Social responsibility to our workforce overseas
- Any products made overseas are manufactured in factories that Directors or our QA Manager have personally visited and vetted.
- We look out for any evidence of child labour and always investigate details of worker pay and conditions to make sure they meet our standards. We have these reports on file.
- We avoid production in countries which have unacceptably poor labour protection laws and culture or where bonded child labour is known to be commonplace.
- We have regularly opted to pass on cheaper production options and have instead chosen less competitive production facilities purely because of concerns over worker welfare.
- We are a prudent company and efficiently operate without unnecessary overhead, conducting most of our supporting functions (marketing, PR, IT) in-house which many others source with consultants. This is how we are able to bring well priced product to the market, not by compromising our supply base.
This is still a work in progress for Endura and mainly affects the dying processes at mills that can damage the environment. The majority of products in our range have been dyed in mills located in pollution-controlled environments which are OEKO-TEX® certified. These products will be identified to the consumer with a small recycled hangtag.
Our shipping policy is very clear; that all stock ships by sea unless there is urgent requirement.
We have updated our stock planning approach and improved our accuracy of prediction considerably and the amount that we ship by air has reduced by 32% in the in the two years since 2011.
Our packaging and recycling policy is already well established; our header cards/hangtags are now recyclable or are switching to being recyclable and we use non-coated materials that can be recycled as a matter of course for all new developments.
At head office Endura has an Environmental Work Group who monitor our waste and currently recycle cardboard, polythene, plastics, paper and our surplus fabrics are sent to childcare organisations who use them for craft play.