Endura Charity Funding and Support
We believe that it is important to support good causes worldwide, mainly cycle-related, through direct donation or support with products and equipment.
International Charity Funding
Endura has recently supported the setting up of two night schools for the children of Burmese migrant workers in conjunction with BMWEC, the Burmese Migrant Workers’ Education Committee.
We also made a substantial donation in March 2013 to Action Aid UK to provide help for Syrian refugees.
Further information here (PDF Document)
In November 2013, we made a donation to ActionAid to help the people of the Philippines affected by Typhoon Haiyan.
Update: Since May 2014, ActionAid have been working with their partners to continue supporting affected communities to rebuild their lives and become stronger in the face of disasters in the long-term. So far, we have supported 16,325 people through:
- Livelihood support to 4,344 people. This includes providing seeds for food production, shelter materials, training for farmers’ organisations, and cash for work to repair the most vulnerable families’ homes
- Disaster preparedness support to 11,542 people. For example, we have provided training on how to prepare for and reduce the impact of disasters for 6,443 people in the affected communities
- Supporting 466 women to realise their rights. This includes collecting data on violence against women in the project areas to use in our advocacy work, counselling services, and empowering women to have a say in how their communities prepare for and respond to disasters.
In 2015 and beyond, ActionAid aims in the Philippines include:
- Supporting nearly 300 families (approximately 15,000 people) with materials, cash and technical expertise to construct disaster-resilient shelters equipped with adequate sanitation facilities.
- Restoring the livelihoods of 3,000 families by providing farming tools and seeds, training in sustainable agriculture, and preparing boats and equipment so families can start to fish again
- Training volunteers to provide counselling to those still suffering from trauma following the typhoon
- Supporting communities and local governments to develop effective disaster preparedness plans to reduce the risk of future disasters, and to be transparent and accountable when they happen. We have already developed a transparency and accountability framework for the provincial government in Cebu.
- Working with the national government to ensure that policies on violence against women in disasters and policies on disaster preparedness are effective.
National Charity Partners
We support several national charity partners covering a number of different causes. We select these partners to fit with our business, including Marie Curie Cancer Care, as suppliers of products for their cycling events.
Some of the more recent bike ride events that we have supported can be found in our blog section Well done to the riders for their efforts, and thanks for sending us the photos of your rides!
The total amount raised in 2014 from events supported by Endura has reached an impressive £393,000!
Endura are long-term sponsors of the Braveheart Fund, whose aim is to raise funds to help young Scottish racing cyclists fulfill their potential.
We produce a range of cycling kit which you can purchase online to help promote the Fund and a proportion of each item sold goes directly to the Fund.
We also provide prizes and auction items for the annual Braveheart Cycling Dinner which raised over £30,000 in 2014.
Latest charity news
Your chance to race Quintana, Valverde and Movistar Team to Paris...
Vote for Patrick in the Young Scot Awards...
Three new world records created on slopes of Ventoux